Design Thinking for Sustainability and the significance of Stakeholder Engagement in the development of the Circular Economy for the Data Centre Industry
Andrews, D., Bienge, K., Whitehead, B., Chenadec, J., Adibi, N. and Kerwin, K. (2020). Design Thinking for Sustainability and the significance of Stakeholder Engagement in the development of the Circular Economy for the Data Centre Industry. 2nd International Conference on Life Cycle innovation (LCIC 2020). Online 26 - 28 Aug 2020
|Authors||Andrews, D., Bienge, K., Whitehead, B., Chenadec, J., Adibi, N. and Kerwin, K.|
The World Wide Web developed during the 1980s and was formally introduced in 1989; since then it has facilitated rapid communication between people and objects and revolutionised business models and services across all major sectors. Such is the popularity of the technology that 59% of the global population is now ‘connected’ (1).
1. Simon Kemp, Hootesuite Digital 2020 Global Overview Report, 30 January 2020,
2. Infiniti Research Ltd., August 2015, High Power Consumption is Driving the Need for Greener Data Centres. Available http://www.technavio.com/blog/high-power-consumpton-is-driving-the-n... [14 August 2018]
3. Masanet, E., Shehabi, A., Lei, N., Smith, S., and Koomey, J., Recalibrating global data center energy-use estimates Science 28 Feb 2020: Vol. 367, Issue 6481, pp. 984-986 DOI: 10.1126/science.aba3758
4. Brown, T., Change by Design: How Design Thinking Creates New Alternatives for Business and Society (2009) Harper Collins, New York
5. Design Council, Double Diamond Design Methodology (2004) and Evolved Double Diamond Design Methodology (2019) https://www.designcouncil.org.uk/news-opinion/double-diamond-univers... https://www.designcouncil.org.uk/news-opinion/what-framework-innovat...
File Access Level
|28 Aug 2020|
|Publication process dates|
|Accepted||27 Apr 2020|
|Deposited||27 Apr 2020|
8views this month
2downloads this month